Hello

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Jacob-w
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello

Post by Jacob-w »

Hello all,

Got started diving around these parts in 2000,2001. So vaguely familiar with this cold water. Most of my diving has been in Florida, some in Mexico. I'm a PADI MSDT, full cave from NSS-CDS, and PADI TEC deep/TEC 50. Im a sidemount diver/instructor, but will put one tank on my back if i have to. I'm in the Olympia area, but willing to travel. Looking for buddies.

Jacob
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Re: Hello

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Welcome!
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Welcome aboard Jacob --

I'm a relative newbie to the sport yet, but if you're looking for south end buddies, I'm happy to buddy up, as is just about everyone around here... Just keep in mind I don't even know what all those numbers and letters of your certs mean ;)

Anyway, It's a great group of folks and a great place is one of the weekly meets (perhaps for you the south end dives on Thrs)... I think people are redezvousing at Redondo this week at 3 for a 3:30 splash... (see dive planning section to confirm) I'm hoping to make it but haven't dotted i's / crossed t's that I can commit to it yet... but with some luck, maybe we'll meet there.

Jason aka Olalladiver
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Welcome. There are a few other sidemount divers on the board. Maybe we can get together for a south sound dive sometime.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Welcome. I have also started sidemount recently. The South Sound has some great places to dive. I live north of Seattle, and don't mind a little travel. I just hit 100 dives, am an SSI MSD and have TDI Advanced Nitrox.