Hello-

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
elletee
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello-

Post by elletee »

I am new to cold water diving and diving in the NW. All of my past diving is in warm water. I am looking for a PADI Dry Suit Class in the Everett Area. Are there any recommendations from you on a good class where the instructor and/or shop welcomes basic and introductory questions without becoming impatient! :)
Thanks,
Elle
json
Aquaphile

Re: Hello-

Post by json »

Welcome
Procastination is like masterbaition,it's all good until you realize your only screwing yourself!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Welcome to the nut house, Elle!

I dont know too many shops up north, but I know Bubbles in Woodinville have great instructors and staff (LCF and PeterGuy on this board)

You can also talk to UnderwaterSports in Edmonds, they have pretty cool people working there too.

I think Evergreen Dive service is up closer your way, but I have just never had the opportunity to visit them, So I dont know anyone there or what drysuits they carry or what classes they have.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

Evergreen commonly teaches their OW classes in drysuits. I expect they have lots of experience answering basic questions while exercising extreme patience. I believe they use Bare trilam suits.

Welcome to the NW!
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

mpenders wrote:Evergreen commonly teaches their OW classes in drysuits. I expect they have lots of experience answering basic questions while exercising extreme patience. I believe they use Bare trilam suits.

Welcome to the NW!
Are they more patient than you had to be with my OW, Mike? <grin>

Welcome, Elle - my brother (Alexitt) is up there in Everett and dives with Evergreen a lot, and he's been a big fan of their programs so I would definitely recommend checking them out.

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

RoxnDox wrote:
Hmm....how do I put this gently....

:neener:
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

mpenders wrote:
RoxnDox wrote:
Hmm....how do I put this gently....

:neener:
:notworthy: :dontknow: :whip: and (eventually) :supz:
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
elletee
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by elletee »

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will track these down.
Elle~
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Welcome to the Board and the addiction... Yep I dive with the Folks from Evergreen quite a bit, I can attest to the quality of instruction the students come away with and the general friendliness of the staff and folks who just hang out there... They do a Thursday "night " Shop dive down at the T-Dock that all are welcome to join and if you need a Buddy to dive with feel free to hit me up... I don't often make the shop dive but I dive every Sunday and am always looking for more buddies up this way...

:taco:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo