Introduction

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
divesmart
Just Settling In

Introduction

Post by divesmart »

Hi there
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Introduction

Post by Nwbrewer »

The point of requiring an introduction post is that you actually introduce yourself, not simply check a box so that you can list your used gear.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous.... If you want to sell your used gear, go put it on Craigslist. Don't post it here unless you actually have an interest in being part of the community. It comes across as rude....
divesmart
Just Settling In

Post by divesmart »

Wow SORRY I was just reading through other post to kinda get to see what people are talking about..............Give me a chance to breath here. You know say something like are you new?
divesmart
Just Settling In

Post by divesmart »

My name is Rob i've been a Public Safety Diver for about 8 years in Az. And now live in the NW.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

divesmart wrote:My name is Rob i've been a Public Safety Diver for about 8 years in Az. And now live in the NW.
Welcome Rob! One thing you'll find about this "Dive Club" vs other online forum is that most of us know each other (or at least through 1 or 2 degrees of dive buddy separation) and we dive together.

Everyone is welcome, but after a few people come in just to post 'For sale' ads on the wall of the clubhouse some of us get a little cranky about it.

Jake
Last edited by Nwbrewer on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Back off, guys. There's nothing wrong with posting dive gear for sale here. If new users choose not to participate in the community, so be it.

Welcome, Rob.
divesmart
Just Settling In

Post by divesmart »

Hi, Thanks but I got what they are saying. People want to see whats up not more sales!
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Welcome to the board and to the northwest, Rob!

This really is a great community and we welcome you to it... Hope we get a chance to splash together soon.

So if I can ask, where about are you in the Northwest? Puget sound area? Wa? Or? Lots of great groups doing regular dives around here and if you have ever found yourself in want if a divebuddy or just someone to vs about dive yak, well, you're in the right spot.

As a relative newbie to the board myself, btw, I've really appreciated a noncommercial spot to hang online with other divers and I'm grateful for everyone participating in this forum and particularly the moderators and admins for making that a reality...

Again, welcome...
divesmart
Just Settling In

Post by divesmart »

We are on Fox Island. We lived and dove here for about 10 years before we moved to Az. for 7-8 years now were back. Love diving here.
WaGigKpn
Aquaphile

Post by WaGigKpn »

Where 'bout on FI?
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Oooh... awesome... then we must splash... You can probably guess where I'm from. Been meaning to hit Fox Island, but haven't yet...

Soon... I'm probably dry until the about July 10, but then will be picking my tanks up again... So many dives I wanna do, but life keeps getting in the way...
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Alright, now this is a bit more like a proper introduction thread! Apologies for the initial response. I do think you understand where we were coming from however. Welcome to the board! Hope you're here to stay

-Dylan
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

We all understand where you're coming from Dylan! That said, I also have great faith that the moderators keep us from a full scale commercial hijacking (always a danger when there's money to be made and I share your fears on some level) But I gotta believe that anyone who even glances at this board will be so WOWED by our innate coolness that they can't help but join in the fracas. I mean really, any group that can keep a buncha ragtag hooligans like us mostly sharing toys and playing together harmoniously in the same sandbox is pretty cool in my book.

Just sayin' ...

NWDC FTW!
divesmart
Just Settling In

Post by divesmart »

Well hope to get to dive with some of you one day!