Hello, also, info on octopuses.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
jasonwettstein
Still need to post an Intro!

Hello, also, info on octopuses.

Post by jasonwettstein »

My name is Jason Wettstein, and I work with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. I learned to open water dive in Alaska, and also have done some diving in Hawaii. Not yet familiar with Washington State opportunities.

I wanted to say hello.

Also you may be interested in WDFW information that I would like to share from time to time, like this news on expanded protection for octopuses in Puget Sound.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/viewing/octopus/

Thank you and happy diving,

Jason
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Re: Hello, also, info on octopuses.

Post by Peter Guy »

Welcome and keep the info coming. This is a good place to meet local divers and get involved.
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

Welcome to the board!

I didn't know the rule was about to take effect, cool.

Will there be signage at the protected sites?
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome and thanks for the info, That map is way better than anything I have seen thus far. Any info pertaining to regulations applicable to divers is quite welcome here. We have a very large and quite active community here and you will find lots of dive buddies and critter folks here that are more than willing to help out with surveys and input about the marine life of Washington waters.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Matt S. wrote: Will there be signage at the protected sites?
They posted a very nice poster size PDF (illustrated with Janna's photos) on the site he liked to. If anyone have access to a tabloid sized laser printer I'm pretty sure that it would be suitable for laminating and posting. If WDFW doesn't have plans to make a effort to print and distribute posters I'm sure that NWDC could successfully crowd-source to make sure that it is distributed to dive shops, tackle stores, bait shops, marinas, boat ramps, etc. Jason, would such an effort be duplicating something that WDFW has plans to do?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver