Hi new member

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Milwaukie-diver
Getting To Know Folks

Hi new member

Post by Milwaukie-diver »

Just registered, Dive-buddy and I are taking our family's to Discovery Bay Oct 12th -19th.
We're both novices, but eager. :supz: Any suggestions for shore dives? We've done Edmonds and will probably
do it again, but looking for new dives.
Milwaukie-diver
Getting To Know Folks

Re: Hi new member

Post by Milwaukie-diver »

Milwaukie-diver wrote:Just registered, Dive-buddy and I are taking our family's to Discovery Bay Oct 12th -19th.
We're both novices, but eager. :supz: Any suggestions for shore dives? We've done Edmonds and will probably
do it again, but looking for new dives.
Port Townsend...go to Octopus Garden dive shop...friendly staff, lots of suggestions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

Welcome aboard!! Were glad to have you with us. Feel free to chime in on any discussions and watch the dive planning section! Where are you located?

Some of my local favorites are Cove 2 at seacrest park in seattle, Redondo in Des Moines, Les Davis in Tacoma, Sund Rock over on Hood Canal, Keystone Jetty (current sensitive), Three Tree again in Des Moines.

There is no shortage of dive sites for all experience levels.
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Near Discovery Bay...

- Fort Worden State Park, just down the road in PT.
- Point Hudson (by the Maritime Center in PT)
- Anywhere along the waterfront in PT.
- Keystone Jetty on Whidbey Island

Inquire at Octopus Gardens about the currents. All of these sites are current sensitive, and you'll want someone experienced with the site to help plan the dive.

For easier sites with little or no current, try:

- Point Whitney in Brinnon
- Ediz Hook in Port Angeles
- East Beach at Lake Crescent (do we not have any dive site listing for Lake Crescent in the forum??)

If you have a boat, there's also Ed's Fault and the wreck of the Warhawk in Discovery Bay.

Have fun!