Experienced Diver, New to Seattle

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Justin.K
Getting To Know Folks

Experienced Diver, New to Seattle

Post by Justin.K »

I just moved to the Seattle area and need to get out and dive. I have been a diver for the past 15 years and have dove in waters from Alaska to the awesomeness of the Great Barrier Reef. I hear that the Puget Sound and the lakes around Seattle are great dive spots and want to get out and experience them all. I have logged several hundred dives in my carrier, and want to get out and challenge myself and also have lots of fun. I am up for a challenging dive with a seasoned diver, or heading out to Edmonds Underwater Park with a novice diver to get some experience.
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Re: Experienced Diver, New to Seattle

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Welcome to the board!
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Welcome to Seattle. The diving is great here! There are some standing groups that meet once a week. Check out the dive planning forum. It's a great way to get to know the sound and find dive buddies. ...and usually a good beer afterwards. :mmmbeer:

Lauri
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome, can't say much about lake diving in the Seattle area but you will find no shortage of people willing to dive and tons of sites within a couple of hrs drive from Seattle.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

You'll find a number of standing dives posted here. I'll give my personal invitation to come and join the Wednesday night crew; we're awfully nice people, and it's a great place to meet folks and make friends for adventures elsewhere.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Welcome to the board!!!
You are going to love diving in Puget Sound. There are really great sites all over.
Like others have said, go to dive planning and hook up with one of those dives. NWDC has the friendliest people who just wanna dive.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome Justin,
Please feel free to come and join us as well. Wednesday Bubbles and Suds!! We do one tank as a night dive and then follow it up with food and suds at the local pub. We are divers of many different agencies, gear config, and training, but all unite for the love of diving.

Rick
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**