New to the Board and Seattle- WTB- Drysuit

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
hbax
Getting To Know Folks

New to the Board and Seattle- WTB- Drysuit

Post by hbax »

Hi,
I recently moved out to Seattle and just joined the forum. I own all of my gear except a dry suit and I'd love to continue diving and meet local divers, so I am looking to buy a good used drysuit. Around a mens size small as I am 5'5" and 135 lbs. Please let me know if anyone has one to sell and hopefully I'll be in the water soon!

Thanks,
Hayes
Last edited by hbax on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New to the Board and Seattle- WTB- Drysuit

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the club and good luck on finding a suit. I would suggest keeping an eye on Craigslist too, I have been seeing a lot moving through there lately.

Rick
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
wetb4Igetinthewater
Frequent Bubbler

Post by wetb4Igetinthewater »

Years ago, I picked up a Northern Diver drysuit off CL. The fit was good, but the neck latex seal was too loose. So I ultimately mailed the drysuit to Northern Diver (in the UK) to get a neoprene seal installed. I'm really happy I did this, but I wish I had a drysuit from an American company because shipping back and forth was very expensive (almost $200).

Take that into consideration when you buy.

And welcome!
SSI Assistant Instructor Trainer
SDI Open Water Instructor
PADI IDC Staff Instructor (inactive)
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

Welcome to the board and to diving in the NW!! We have an area called Gear Central and often times you will find folks posting drysuits for sale there as well. I suggest you rent a few different ones as well from local dive shops to see what you might like/not like about different versions.
wetb4Igetinthewater
Frequent Bubbler

Post by wetb4Igetinthewater »

I just logged back in after a hiatus. Also when renting, meet up the friendly folks from here at Cove 2 on Wednesdays. I have yet to join (apparently I am not friendly enough - kidding!), but I plan to in the next month or so. As you meet with people, ask for their advice, what they like, don't like about their dry suits, etc.. That might help your rental/purchase decisions.
SSI Assistant Instructor Trainer
SDI Open Water Instructor
PADI IDC Staff Instructor (inactive)
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Suggestion, with your size check out Scuba toys, Dive right in scuba and Northeast Scuba supply. They frequently have demo stuff or even new stuff in the smaller sizes.

When looking for used dry suits the most important thing after size is the zipper. neck and wrist seals are easy and not at all expensive but a zipper will run you $400 or more depending on the suit.
Scuba Scott
Aquaphile

Post by Scuba Scott »

If you are still looking, I have a brand new Fusion the has never seen the water. I purchased it for my daughter and she never used it. The seals might be dry or need to be replaced, but I will lower my price to adjust for this if needed. I will have to go find it and tell you the size.
Life can be short and dives even shorter. Time off work will put it all in perspective.

http://www.waterproofdecks.blogspot.com
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Dont overlook scubaboard.com marketplace. I bought a backup Whites Fusion with little use for an extremely good deal awhile back.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.