Hello from Bellingham!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
brittany_hoirup
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello from Bellingham!

Post by brittany_hoirup »

Hey everyone,

I am very new to the world of diving! I received my OW certification on Monday the 26th of Jan (PADI.) I took lessons through Tacoma Underwater Sports. Had some fantastic dives! Dove right off of Ruston Way in Tacoma and saw a seal and a GPO the first dive! One of the best experiences of my life. I hope to dive often!
(I have also recently been getting into freediving.)

I am from Puyallup and visit home often, but I am currently attending WWU in Bellingham.
I hope to major in Environmental Science Specializing in Marine Ecology (quite the mouthful I know) so my certification will hopefully come in handy!
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Re: Hello from Bellingham!

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Welcome to the board.
If you make it down towards Seattle let me know, always enjoy diving with new people. :)
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the board!!!! Let us know when you want to go diving.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
brittany_hoirup
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by brittany_hoirup »

Thanks for the warm welcomes :)
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Welcome to the board. As is often mentioned to new members on the board, if you're looking to get dives in, be sure to check out the weekly dive groups under the dive planning section. You'll get a warm welcome at any of them.
Frog
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Frog »

Hi Brittany! Another Bellinghamster checking in, though not actually from here. :) I don't know if you've looked into any of the local shops but it seems like Gone Diving on Iowa has a strong female dive presence, lots of social activities and dives if that is something you're interested in! I don't have any personal experience with them other than chatting them up a while back. One of the reasons why I signed up on this board earlier this morning was to ask around about the different shops as I like having that 'Cheers' experience with my local dive shop.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and welcome to diving! Congrats on your certification!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Welcome to another northender!