Recently moved to the area

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
aef123
Getting To Know Folks

Recently moved to the area

Post by aef123 »

Hi. I just moved to Redmond from Utah. I've been diving for years, but it has been spread out. Generally, I'd take a dive trip every year to some warm water destination and spend a week diving. The rest of the year I'd take a few certification courses to keep my skills up. I'm excited to be living somewhere I can go diving on a regular basis.

I don't really know any divers in the area so I'm looking for some dive buddies.

I look forward to being part of the local dive community.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Recently moved to the area

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board and the PNW! We have weekly dives all over the Sound that you are welcome to join. All skill levels welcome, and you can get teamed up with a buddy too. Keep your eye on the dive planning section here to see what's up and where each week: http://nwdiveclub.com/viewforum.php?f=3

We're also having a club dive/bbq in May on a Saturday - it would be great to see you there if you can make it!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
aef123
Getting To Know Folks

Post by aef123 »

Thanks. I saw the bbq event and definitely plan to go.
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

Welcome to our area and local PNW diving! You will be AMAZED at how many great sites we've got locally and in Canada just across the border :) Also good to watch the viz reports thread in the dive planning section as it's spring so there will be a few blooms and viz goes to crap during the blooms. As an example Redondo on Sun was 1-2 FSW so not a good time to dive! Like mentioned you should check out our weekly dives on Wed and Thur nights. The Wed night is always at Cove 2 on Alki and the Thurs crew moves around to several locations. There are also some others that get posted so just keep checking or ask anyone on the boards to dive with you!

Glad to have you in our area. We have some of the best "non-tropical" diving I feel as I've been a few places including the CA coastline and this place just has so much to offer!

Are you geared up for NW cold water diving?
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

If you want to head out, just holler! I am in the Mill Creek area and my usual haunt is Mukilteo, but I am open to sites and ideas. I was diving the Alluminator on Waterman's Wall and Blake Island today, sorry I missed the BBQ.

Tropical diving is nice, but there is such a rich abundance of life here to enjoy that it almost seems a little 'boring' to dive in warm water!

Holler if you are looking to get out!

Sarina