New to forum wish to speak with someone about group

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
richardgmoore56
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New to forum wish to speak with someone about group

Post by richardgmoore56 »

I just joined the group and would like to speak with someone one about the club. I have many questions. Thank you Richard 541 880-3411.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New to forum wish to speak with someone about group

Post by Norris »

I am contacting you via email.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I dare you to dial that number
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

541 is an Oregon area code.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

spatman wrote:541 is an Oregon area code.
Yes, what does the logged ip resolve to?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
richardgmoore56
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hi, I am serious and that is my real cell number. I live in Sprague River, Or near Klamath Falls, Or. I would like to speak with people involved with this group purely to acquire information to further information in spear fishing. I requested phone calls so I could get immediate responses to questions. if phone calls are a problem an email would do. Thanks or your responses hope to hear from someone. Richard
richardgmoore56
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

The information I am looking for is primarily costs and trip schedules and where these trips are to, thanks Richard
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

This is an informal group that meets via a forum on the internet. Think of it as a choose your own adventure game.
The forum is fairly centered on Puget Sound diving but there are folks in Oregon and Alaska plus other parts of the world here too. Take a look in the dive planning forum if you want to see what events people are organizing that aren't invitation only and the Dive Recaps and Trip Reports forum to see what people have done recently. There isn't a club offical booking trips or anything like that, it's just a way to meet people. Lots of us have met each other and do dive together but we aren't the kind of divers who go to meetings. If we went to meetings we'd have to admit that our diving had become...
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

If you just posted your questions in the appropriate forum, you'd probably have the answers you're looking for by now. The beauty of posting here is that you get 100's of eyes on at least the subject line within hours of posting, and more than likely one of those sets of eyes will have the answer to your questions. (Isn't that the point of an online forum?) One of the mods that would call you may or may not have the answers to your specific questions.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

renoun wrote: If we went to meetings we'd have to admit that our diving had become...
boring? adult?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

CaptnJack wrote:
renoun wrote: If we went to meetings we'd have to admit that our diving had become...
boring? adult?
unmanageable?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Norris wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
boring? adult?
unmanageable?
Addicts!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

Another writer :)
Rena

Drink water, breathe air. Never get these mixed up.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

What are they gonna say about him? What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans, man? That he had wisdom? Bullshit, man!
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around the walls moved in a little tighter.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

“Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. …Hmm? On what he was doing.”
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Linedog wrote:“Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. …Hmm? On what he was doing.”
:rawlings:
Damn kids and their Star Wars - Wouldn't know a real movie if it reached out and bit them in the ass
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

BillZ wrote:
Linedog wrote:“Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. …Hmm? On what he was doing.”
Damn kids and their Star Wars - Wouldn't know a real movie if it reached out and bit them in the ass
Sorry but silent movies didn't have much quotable dialog. :smt064
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

BillZ wrote:
Hey, I'm no kid and I love Star Wars, but yeah, stay on topic, people!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Topic? There was one?
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
BillZ wrote:
Hey, I'm no kid and I love Star Wars, but yeah, stay on topic, people!
My Mama dint have no patience wif topic, in general. She said it was better if topic kept it's own company, and we kept ours. It wasn't til after she died I found out my daddy was a topic. Life's funny that way...

RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

UH, I think if the mod is going to complain (seriously) about topic. He shouldnest joineth the offth topiceth.
Rena

Drink water, breathe air. Never get these mixed up.