New to forum wish to speak with someone about group

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: New to forum wish to speak with someone about group

Post by Joshua Smith »

RenaB wrote:UH, I think if the mod is going to complain (seriously) about topic. He shouldnest joineth the offth topiceth.
You know those plastic bears full of honey? Talk about false advertising. I wonder how many kids get eaten by bears every year, because they run up to a bear and squeeze it, thinking they're gonna get a sweet treat?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Joshua Smith wrote:
RenaB wrote:UH, I think if the mod is going to complain (seriously) about topic. He shouldnest joineth the offth topiceth.
You know those plastic bears full of honey? Talk about false advertising. I wonder how many kids get eaten by bears every year, because they run up to a bear and squeeze it, thinking they're gonna get a sweet treat?

I think the current count is 11
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like . . . victory. Someday this war's gonna end.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Ok now I gotta rewatch that for like...the 50th time. Awesome quotes.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Gdog wrote:Ok now I gotta rewatch that for like...the 50th time. Awesome quotes.
Hell Yes.

Let me be clear about one thing: we are not a gang, we're more like a social club. Which is kind of more like a tribe. A tribe of people brought together by common interests and dispositions. Since we are United by our common interests, we actually rise above the more common "tribes," who are usually just groups of people who all happen to be born in the same malaria infested swamp, or what have you. A tribe's common interest is usually as mundane as "not starving to death," and "hoping we don't all die from Malaria."

Since we, as a group, are primarily interested in hijacking threads with war movie quotes, being underwater, and hijacking threads with whatever we happen to find amusing in our hazy, alcohol damaged cerebellums....well, that certainly elevates us to "gang," as opposed to the lesser "tribe."

So, to be clear, we are definitely a club, but not in the classic sense. We do, however, have secret meetings that are too secret to write about on the internet, where we decide who's cool enough to resent.

Which, ultimately, means that our online social group is open to all.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

I'm not a movie buff, and this was probably the best, funniest, most confusing thread I have ever read. In all of my history of internetting.
spatman
I've Got Gills

New to forum wish to speak with someone about group

Post by spatman »

My bad, I should have used the <SARCASM> font to avoid any confusion.

To be clear, the "topic" I was referring to was a specific movie we were quoting until it got derailed by a Star Wars quote.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

I didn't know the [sarcasm]derail wasnt supposed to be derailed.[/sarcasm]
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Emilyrc wrote:I'm not a movie buff, and this was probably the best, funniest, most confusing thread I have ever read. In all of my history of internetting.
Emily you need to dig through the archives, around 2007-2008
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman