Id like to be a born again diver

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Winter
Dive-aholic

Id like to be a born again diver

Post by Winter »

Sup folks of scuba,
Over 5 years ago I joined here and made some great buddies, but alas, I got burned out with various drama and school and slowly my diving time dryed up. (been dry for about 4 months and I haven't used the board regularly for years!) Now, I am finally graduating.
So I thought I'd reintroduce myself. Ive got some time this summer and a new set of wheels to get me around. I Hope to see some familiar faces at some sites soon and meet some new folks as well.
I have been putting together a grant proposal for some research in the Nisqually area and would LOVE to do more diving around Anderson Island ...just throwing that out;)
J. Winter
http://www.winterdiverart.com/
Be not the slave of your own past ... plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Id like to be a born again diver

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome back! :joshsmith:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome back Winter, Sorry that life got in the way but that usually is the cause for such things. Great to hear that things are smoothing out for you and that you re still interested in getting back on the horse so to speak. So many never make it back. Glad to hear your back in the fold.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome back Winter!

Hope to catch you in the water this Summer if you're in the south end!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Winter wrote:Sup folks of scuba,
Over 5 years ago I joined here and made some great buddies, but alas, I got burned out with various drama and school and slowly my diving time dryed up. (been dry for about 4 months and I haven't used the board regularly for years!) Now, I am finally graduating.
So I thought I'd reintroduce myself. Ive got some time this summer and a new set of wheels to get me around. I Hope to see some familiar faces at some sites soon and meet some new folks as well.
I have been putting together a grant proposal for some research in the Nisqually area and would LOVE to do more diving around Anderson Island ...just throwing that out;)
J. Winter
Is there anything out in the Nisqually reach area to see? I'm down in the Harstine Island area almost every weekend. Hit me up if you want to go for a dive some weekend.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Welcome back to the dive scene! Maybe you can drag Phil back too :supz: