Hello from Blighty.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Steve.B
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello from Blighty.

Post by Steve.B »

Hi

I'm looking to move to the Seattle area from the UK in the near future. (when your Gov decides to let me in your wonderful country)

I'm a 75m (250ft) hypoxic trimix CCR diver and will be qualified to 100m by the time I get there.

I'm a lover of wrecks and have a serious lust for rust.

Can you tell me are there many wrecks in the PNW? What depths??
Are there many CCR divers? Or clubs that cater to CCR?
Is Trimix and Zorb readily available?
What water temps you have? Here in UK we have 15degC summer and 2degC in winter. Similar??

Thanks in advance.

Steve B.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Hello from Blighty.

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome Steve. Water temps here run from 43f to 55f. We have a bunch of CCR divers but not sure if they have any organized CCR clubs or activities. Sorb and all that are quite readily available but the CCR guys will have to tell you where. There are a few deep wrecks but I am not all that familiar with the details. Washington is not friendly to man made wrecks and of course we didn't have a war to create many either. We have a lot of tech divers but that's not my bailiwick so I let them clue you in on that.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Welcome, Steve!

We have several forum members who are avid ccr wreck divers, and I'm sure they'll chime in soon. But in case you want to reach out to them first, start with Joshua Smith and rjw.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome! Scott Boyd's website has a lot of info on local wreck dives, or you can pick up his book (Northwest Wreck Dives) too:

http://www.boydski.com/diving/wreck_dives.htm

We have a lot in the sea, in various states and various depths, and a bunch in Lake Washington, which are quite well preserved, being fresh water.

There are several wrecks, including artificial reefs, up in British Columbia, which is a few hours north of us.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Steve.B wrote:Hi

I'm looking to move to the Seattle area from the UK in the near future. (when your Gov decides to let me in your wonderful country)

I'm a 75m (250ft) hypoxic trimix CCR diver and will be qualified to 100m by the time I get there.

I'm a lover of wrecks and have a serious lust for rust.

Can you tell me are there many wrecks in the PNW? What depths??
Are there many CCR divers? Or clubs that cater to CCR?
Is Trimix and Zorb readily available?
What water temps you have? Here in UK we have 15degC summer and 2degC in winter. Similar??

Thanks in advance.

Steve B.
Hey, Steve-

Drop me a line when you arrive. We have a pretty healthy CCR wreck diving scene here in and around Seattle. I can introduce you around.

Here's an excellent primer of our local wrecks: http://www.dcsfilms.com/Site_4/DCS_Website.html

What CCR to you dive?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."