Hello from Skagit Valley

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
schmoli
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello from Skagit Valley

Post by schmoli »

Hey, new diver here in Skagit Valley. Just recently got certified locally by the fine people at Anacortes Diving, and am looking forward to more training with them but in the meantime I'm also looking forward to getting in the water as much as possible. So far I've only done Rosario and Keystone, and would live to try some new places (Edmunds sounds fun) as well as just continue to hit Keystone.

Currently diving wet but just recently picked up a gently used drysuit from a family friend and will be getting into that come fall/winter, but right now I'm pretty comfortable in my semi-dry.

Anyway, hola and looking forward to meeting more people to dive with, that seems to be my biggest limiting factor to getting out in the water right now.

-Toli
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hello from Skagit Valley

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the club, glad to have ya!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! We have weekly dives all over the Sound that you are welcome to join. Check out the dive planning forum to see what's up each week.

We are also having a club dive and barbecue at Sund Rock in a few weeks. Info can be found here:

http://nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23235

Congratulations on your certification, and welcome to the addiction! :)
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
schmoli
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by schmoli »

Sounds great! Yeah I'm checking the planning forum now -- the Wednesday night one is something I could make from Anacortes (where I work) to Edmunds on time, so I'm looking forward to that (doesn't look like there is one tomorrow), so I'll hunt around and see if I can find something for this weekend as it's open and I want to get more time in the water if the tides are behaving!
schmoli
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by schmoli »

Forgot to mention, I'm definitely interested in finding any diving buddies available on Weekends and weekday evenings if the dive North of Seattle. The only instant messenger I use now is Google Hangouts and can be reached any time at schmoli at gmail dot com.
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Hello! Nice to see someone else from the undiveable skagit. There is a dive tomorrow at edmonds, go to www.planyourdive.com and look for "bubbles and suds". We will be glad to have you!
schmoli
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by schmoli »

Well crummy timing I just dropped the tanks in for vis AND we have thawed razor clams for dinner tomorrow. I'll se what I can do, but is that dive normally wednesdays or thursdays like it says on pyd? I might be able to make that a regular thing.
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Its been thursdays the last couple of weeks, but its usually wednesdays. Decided to switch it up a bit.