Introduction

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
scubanerd74
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Introduction

Post by scubanerd74 »

Working on getting back into the water after being M.I.A. for several years. (finished my schooling in Information Technology)
I probably should upgrade my 15 year old dive computer Suunto Eon Lux...before that happens.
And I should probably upgrade my SSI cert to PADI.
Thinking about purchasing a dive kayak and doing some practice dives at lakes on camping trips.
I don't mind cold water as I have a warm setup as well; some warm thermals and a Viking commercial drysuit.
I also have some scuba toys just for fun and sometimes comfort, like my black EXO ffmask.
I dream about finally exploring some under water caves in Mexico, Europe and the Bahamas, but I'll settle for a flooded mine in Missouri LoL! - Someday I'll get there!
My best dive experience besides certification at Mikes Dive Resort in the Hood Canal, was actually diving in Washington state's Crescent Lake to film a buddy's science project for a class he was teaching.
My worst dive experience was impromptu: replacing a check-valve at the bottom of an olympic pool in 30 degree weather.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Introduction

Post by LCF »

No particular need to "upgrade" your certification, but if has been a decade since you have been in the water, doing a refresher or even a recertification class wouldn't be a bad idea.

If you are intrigued with caves, you're in a good place. There are surprisingly many cave divers in the PNW!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames