HELLO!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
DStone
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

HELLO!

Post by DStone »

I just moved here a handful of years ago with my family from California to take a teaching position at LBCC. I've been a NAUI diver since the early 90's. My wife got her certification in 2002. Most of our diving has been in Monterey, Carmel and Southern California. It's been a few years since we've been in the water since moving here. I'm looking forward to getting wet again. I just don't know where to go. Looking for places near Newport as we live in the Corvallis area.

Dan :-D
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Re: HELLO!

Post by guitarmaker »

Hi Dan and welcome! If you can get off shore Oregon under the right conditions there is some great diving to be had - emphasis on "right conditions". To put it bluntly we don't have very good shore diving but here's a link to most of what's available. http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_West/index.htm

Check in with the folks at Eugene Skin Divers, they are a great group and see what they've got going on and perhaps plan a trip up to Hood Canal.
Cheers!

Ron
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! Ron is correct, you may want to plan to trek up to the Hood Canal area or Puget Sound, as conditions can be iffy for Oregon coast diving.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to NWDC, Dan. I look forward to seeing you around!