Bellingham dive spots

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
J-ROD-3
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Bellingham dive spots

Post by J-ROD-3 »

Hi I'm new to the diving world, I'm a freediver from ferndale. I was wondering if there are any good dive spots in bellingham bay or samish bay I tried larabee state park but the visibility was not so great is there any good spots near me I'm still training and don't want to pay for a pool.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Re: Bellingham dive spots

Post by fmerkel »

Visibility is pretty poor right now due to the high rain and river flow levels.Shallow tends to be worse than deeper as a generality. The other generality is that B-Ham Bay is a lousy dive spot....period. Divers either tend to go north to Canada or south a ways to get decent diving. Skyline (Barrows Pass) may be your closest decent spot and it's not very good when the Skagit is flowing strongly, which it is a lot this winter.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Rosario Beach would probably be the closest spot to you with decent visibility. If you are a new diver I wouldn't suggest Skyline wall - you can get in real trouble if you don't hit the currents right.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

BillZ wrote:Rosario Beach would probably be the closest spot to you with decent visibility. If you are a new diver I wouldn't suggest Skyline wall - you can get in real trouble if you don't hit the currents right.
That is true.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.