New to the Tacoma area

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
randall.wyatt
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New to the Tacoma area

Post by randall.wyatt »

Hello everyone, my name is Randall and I recently moved to the area. I am a relatively new diver with an advanced open cert. I have only ever been diving in warmer water (Hawaii, Florida etc). I live in Tacoma and have been itching to get in to the water over.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Re: New to the Tacoma area

Post by dwashbur »

Welcome Randall! You'll find plenty of buddies and guides here. This is one of the most excellent groups of people I've ever gotten to be part of.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Welcome to the board! Feel free to ask any questions you have. We have groups in different areas of the sound doing weekly dives. The Tacoma area is in the Thursday night gang. Watch for posts in the dive planning thread and join us!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Howdy Randall ... welcome to the PNW. First piece of advice, go find Tacoma Scuba. They're a friendly shop that runs regular shop dives You'll start meeting divers and dive buddies right away. This board's another nice place to meet divers ... there are regularly scheduled dives both north and south (you'll want to get in with the south group), and every once in a while we have a "club" dive where a bunch of us gather for diving and parking lot BBQ. Definitely watch for those and come meet a whole bunch of folks. I work in Tacoma and live in Federal Way, so hit me up for a dive sometime. I work full-time Mon-Fri, so weekdays I can dive after work. Got a nice site near my house ... Redondo ... I'd be happy to show you around.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

Welcome
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board!