Joining the 'club'!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
pnwlance
Getting To Know Folks

Joining the 'club'!

Post by pnwlance »

Hey all,

Doing my due diligence here and introducing myself. I'm Lance. My wife and I were open water certified Oct. 2015. We did the 4 open water dives out of Redondo and since I've logged 4 more dives in O'ahu HI. I'm super excited to do more local dives (puget sound tacoma / federal way). My wife has been my dive buddy thus far but has had some issues on her most recent dives and I can see her interest fading. I have a few backup buddies but do want to get more involved in the community.

Having been certified in the fall with wetsuits my comfort in cold water is fine. I will be interested to see how warm the water will get this summer and maybe seeing about drysuit diving after some more experience.

My goal this summer is to attempt to grab some crabs while scuba diving the puget sound. I've heard the chase can be quite fun and crab is always delicious.

If you don't see me under the sea you may likely find me on a local river or lake fishing. Gotta spread my time across all my hobbies ;-)
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Joining the 'club'!

Post by Gdog »

Welcome to scuba and to the board! Hate to tell you, but if you are like most of us, scuba will push those other hobbies back....
If you watch the dive planning thread you will see dive groups posting various dive get togethers. You mentioned Tacoma area, the south sound crew meets on Thursday evenings to dive, which sounds like your closest area. Feel free to join us on the dives, as well as the discussions here. Looking forward to meeting you.
pnwlance
Getting To Know Folks

Post by pnwlance »

Gdog wrote:Welcome to scuba and to the board! Hate to tell you, but if you are like most of us, scuba will push those other hobbies back....
If you watch the dive planning thread you will see dive groups posting various dive get togethers. You mentioned Tacoma area, the south sound crew meets on Thursday evenings to dive, which sounds like your closest area. Feel free to join us on the dives, as well as the discussions here. Looking forward to meeting you.
Saw Thursday there was a club dive at Redondo. Is that at Salty's? What's the profile usually look like for the dives ? My max time at depth so far has been 50 minutes. I probably will be less in the colder water.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Yes, it is on the south side of saltys in the big parking lot. The profile can be 40-50' or 80-95' depends on which dive plan you choose.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

If you're there Thursday I'm happy to stay shallow with you. I take photos and am usually on a lumpie hunt in the shallows anyway :)
pnwlance
Getting To Know Folks

Post by pnwlance »

eliseaboo wrote:If you're there Thursday I'm happy to stay shallow with you. I take photos and am usually on a lumpie hunt in the shallows anyway :)
Thanks I really appreciate it! I'm going to check into getting some gear today. I will most likely end up diving Friday though. I waited a bit too long to get everything figured out and my diving buddy is available Friday. I'll try and get to the next one.
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Welcome to the board.