Pleased to meet you all, and be distracted from school work

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
mancub
Dive-aholic

Pleased to meet you all, and be distracted from school work

Post by mancub »

Greetings NW Divers,
My name is Jacob, and I have been diving for a year and some change. My allegiance has been with UWS from the get go, I suppose that is a good thing round here... Right, I love diving and have trained through the advanced open water course. I go to university, and have lived in the Seattle area since I was a baby.

My dad got me interested in diving a while back. He chose scuba diving, rather than sky diving, as his mid-life "crazy" adventure. Finally, last spring a good buddy and I dropped the bucks and made the time to get certified. Unfortunately, my pop doesn't go too often, but we managed to get him out to Lanai when we visited Maui last winter! He loved the cathedrals. However, his first tropical experience was Grand Cayman, so I have some catching up to do.

The majority of my diving has been in the Puget Sound, with a handful in BC, and one dive packed trip to Maui. My buddy and I frequent Alki cove 2 at night, midweek. We really need to explore more sites further south. Although only a beginner next to many of you (just under 75 dives), I take pride in being a NW diver from the start! Looking forward to meeting/discussing with everyone, and keeping all the hours in between diving bearable.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Jacob! You'll find this board a great place to be.

Several of us are pretty regular south end divers, so watch the board for dive ops... there should be plenty!

-Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome! (love the avatar btw)

You'll definitely make some good dive buddies here, and there's always someone to dive with just about anywhere in the Sound. Sounds like you've got a good foundation (embracing the cold water and all).

I'm a Cove 2 rat, so I'll likely see you around there, midweek evenings and maybe even on a weekend if the tides (and/or my hangover) are *really* bad.

:rr:
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Welcome Jacob.. I also started diving for about a year and some change.. I started in March of 2007 and am lucky to have now over 150 dives (I started at 36, so now I have to make up for lost time.... )Good to see you on here.. Hope to see you in the water soon!
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome jacob! i started about 2yrs and 2 bits ago(2 and a half years ago). later!

jeff
:supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Welcome, If you ever want to join us up North we dive Mukilteo every Friday after work and you are welcome to join the party.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I am at a summer school program overseas, which has been wonderful, but I haven't been able to dive for almost a month and a half!! I am anxious to get back in the water, and looking forward to meeting some more divers.