Looking for a Dive Buddy

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
rwangen
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Looking for a Dive Buddy

Post by rwangen »

Greetings,

I'm Bob Wangen. My wife and I are fulltime RVers and are in the Seattle/Tacoma area for the summer visiting our son.
We are camping at Whidbey Island and would like to dive the Keystone Underwater Park this week. We will be here through Monday (7/18/16).
For the rest of July and all of August we will be near Joint Base Lewis-McChord and I would love to get some dives in that area.
I am an Advanced Open Water Diver with 166 open water dives. I have dived wrecks in Lake Superior and Lake Huron as well as numerous inland lakes in Michigan.
I have my own equipment (except tanks which I will rent).
bradmond
Submariner

Re: Looking for a Dive Buddy

Post by bradmond »

Welcome to the club Bob. There's a group that meets every Thursday in the south end so maybe you can join them. Usually they meet at Redondo in Des Moines at 6:30.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

As for Keystone I am sure you will get a bite here. Some people dive there pretty regularly.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Yes, welcome Bob! Hey, be sure and post what you are looking for in the planning thread, it will get a lot more eyes on it there, with better results. As Brad said, we have one group diving every Thursday evening. Watch for the thread in the dive planning thread for place and time, and join us. Also, as Norris said, keystone should get you some good hits too.
See you at a dive site soon...