Just moving to Tacoma area

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
adamx
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Just moving to Tacoma area

Post by adamx »

I'm in the process of moving to the Tacoma area and I'm hoping to be doing more diving in the near future. Mostly I freedive, I've been in a cash pinch and scuba has been out of reach for me. I do have a NAUI card but it's been 2 years since I was certified with no dives since certification. I'm not a spearfisher, not against it but just never felt the need. For me it's about experiencing the ocean.

Some background - I have been freediving a while, actually I worked on a tour boat (in Hawaii) and did snorkel tours for about a year. I wouldn't call myself great at it, I can get to 40 feet fairly comfortably but I don't push myself and haven't taken any freediving courses (so don't ask me to do 100 feet...). I moved to Washington state a couple years ago and bought a very, very good suit but it took a while to line up new fins and sort my other gear. I've done some freediving off and on since, a few times at Keystone, a few other places, and then recently at Alki Pipeline and Titlow Beach.

After I'm more firmly planted in Tacoma I hope to get back into diving at least once a week, and hopefully do some scuba again after my situation is more stable. Hopefully I can make some buddies and get out a bit more!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Just moving to Tacoma area

Post by Gdog »

Hope to see you out here diving soon!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Just moving to Tacoma area

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board!