Newish diver looking for skills and experience

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Landshark
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Newish diver looking for skills and experience

Post by Landshark »

Hello,

I am a relatively inexperienced (26 dives) diver who got bit by the scuba bug. I got my cert in 2012 but wasn't super comfortable with diving despite having gone in some amazing places (Thailand, Bali, Mexico). I recently did ten dives in Maui and something finally clicked. I went diving every day. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can quit my job and somehow turn scuba into a career haha.

I've done two dives off of Redondo but that is the extent of my cold water experience. I'm just looking to build up my skills and get some more dives under my belt. I also want to get my own gear. I am really interested in continuing education as well. Excited to be here!

-Heidi
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Newish diver looking for skills and experience

Post by Norris »

Well you picked the right place. We are here to answer any questions you may have, in addition we have weekly dives and just a pretty cool group of folks. Look forward to hearing your path to getting your cold water gear.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Welcome Heidi! I hope you find this site a great resource. In addition, watch the dive planning thread, as we have weekly dives around the sound that you are free to join in on!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Drop me a PM, Heidi ... I live just a few minutes from Redondo, and can arrange some evening dives there with ya. As a recently retired instructor, I have a garage full of gear. I'm sure we can get you in the water and more comfortable with our local conditions ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! You've come to the right place!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!