New on list

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
vaughn fierke
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New on list

Post by vaughn fierke »

Yo all-
Looking for exploratory divers at least once per month. I've been diving since 1967, NAUI instructor rated. Currently retired from formal workforce and can get in the water almost anytime. Like to look for new places around the Salish Sea especially, steep slopes and walls, though would even do nearly anywhere. Tropic places have been Saudi Arabia Red Sea, Baja, Belize, Hawaii; high altitude Tahoe, Crater Lk, Lake Serene (Mt Index base). Done the Seattle Aquarium as volunteer (second diver to do shows in Washington Windows). Did a lot of assistant instructor and instructor work in early - mid '80s. Wrote a book "Take Five and Dive from USA-Canada Border to Olympia (East side of Puget Sound) and self published, currently working on second revision. Use own boat to travel to many sites in Puget Sound. If weather permits, I may head to San Juans. Hope this helps and look forward to interested parties that would like to team up.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: New on list

Post by Scubak »

Welcome to the board!!!
If you want to dive, check the dive planning page as there are weekly dives at several sites in Puget Sound!!!
Don't know if you are located North or South Sound area...
Hope to see you soon!!!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Welcome, I'm sure you will find plenty of folks to dive with. Great to have you with us!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome!

That's pretty cool you're still exploring dives after all those years. I'm sure some would wanna join you, try posting in the planning section. How deep do you usually go? I could maybe be up for some san juan dives less than 70-80' if that suits your plan and you dont mind photograpers typically not covering a lot of ground.

I havent heard of that book, do you have a link to it?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
yadayada
Aquaphile

Post by yadayada »

welcome!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Greetings! Cannot wait to hear some of your stories! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: