Hi. Is this possible?

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
rafael
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hi. Is this possible?

Post by rafael »

Hey guy, my name is Rafael, and I've never been diving before, hell, I almost drowned in a swimming pool when I was little. Glad to meet you. So here's the deal:

This last weekend my girlfriend and I went paddleboarding in Hood River. While in the water, the ring on her finger slipped off, and disappeared. The ring was given to her by her father who died around a year ago. She was pretty devastated. Needless to say perhaps, there was no hope of finding it. The water was much too deep (unsure how deep it was), and cloudy/green.

So. You probably already know what I'm going to ask at this point...
Is there any hope of finding it, if I went a dove the area it was lost? It couldn't have been terribly deep I don't think...

This is the approximate location

https://www.google.com/maps/place/45%C2 ... 121.510089

What do you guys think?
60south
Pelagic

Re: Hi. Is this possible?

Post by 60south »

Hi Rafael,

Short answer: no.

If you knew *exactly* where it was, within a couple feet, and the bottom had no silt or we had an underwater metal detector and oodles of time... unlikely, but maybe. Otherwise, no.

Sorry.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Hi. Is this possible?

Post by CaptnJack »

I've looked for a wedding ring that fell off in a very small lake, right near a swimming float. I spent 2 hours there, in very shallow water (about 12 feet) but its completely impossible unless its a clean, smooth sand beach or something like that. Any rocks or silt at all makes it impossible.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.