Still Green

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
MikeC
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Still Green

Post by MikeC »

Hello all,

I have been on the GBR for a couple of discovery dives and that inspired me to get my Open Water Cert, but after getting my OWC, I couldn't find a buddy (my wife washed out of class) and haven't been down for probably five years. I have done a couple of Alki and a couple of Edmonds, but it has been some time.
I am extremely comfortable diving and really want to get back in. I found this forum and have to say I am quite excited.
I travel 6 to 8 months out of the year, and obviously have to pay strict attention to flying/diving safely, but would love to join you all on a Thursday dive or maybe someone wouldn't mind doing Edmonds for a couple of dives to make sure my head is on correct?
I will be back later this month and need a couple of safety days, but I will watch and the Thursday posts and hope you will maybe let me tag along for a couple of dives. Obviously, I am only 50' at this point. I would love to expand my experience once I get comfy.

Mike Carrington
Mill Creek, Wa
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Still Green

Post by Gdog »

Welcome to the board! As you noted, we have dives Thursdays and Wednesdays at different locations in the sound. Watch for the postings in the dive planning thread and join in!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome Mike!

One note... our weeknight dives are now night dives. You may want to take a few daytime refreshers before heading out on a night dive. Also, be sure to have a night dive cert and a good light!

You're gonna love it!
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

YellowEye wrote:Welcome Mike!

One note... our weeknight dives are now night dives. You may want to take a few daytime refreshers before heading out on a night dive. Also, be sure to have a night dive cert and a good light!

You're gonna love it!
-Eric
Good call Eric. I was going to mention the possibility of taking a refresher. Woukd be a great idea. And yes, due to the season, our weekly dives are in fact night dives.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and welcome back to the addiction!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
MikeC
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by MikeC »

Yes, I was just looking around as much as I can on the internet from the middle of the Gulf of Mexico for a Refresher that will be scheduled within the last two weeks of October. I am also planning on getting my regulator and BC serviced as I should. I want to get a few dives under my belt and then go for advanced. Look forward to meeting some of you.

Mike C