New To Dive Club

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
ingyski
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New To Dive Club

Post by ingyski »

Hello,

New to this chat board. I have been looking for something like this. I live in Bend and work at Central Oregon Diving while being back in school for Comp Sci. My highest rating is dive master with several certs. I am working on building my logged dives and experiences before I get my instructor rating.

I am planning on traveling around Oregon in the next year checking out the diving around the state. Always looking to meet new people to dive with and help with planning areas I don't know or show me the areas.
bradmond
Submariner

Re: New To Dive Club

Post by bradmond »

Welcome to the club. Hit us up if you make it up to the Puget Sound area. A ton of great diving up here.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome! I don't know them well, but I believe quite a few of the Oregon divers (some on this forum) head up to Hood Canal...
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ingyski
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by ingyski »

Thanks. I did my AOW in Hood Canal and plan to visit up there again shortly. I am looking to visit around Oregon and do some lakes over the summer and see what there is here.

If anyone has recommendations I am all for information on places to try in Oregon.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Clear Lake is a "must try at least once" dive. Cold, but beautifully clear. Coastal diving in Oregon can be pretty iffy, but decent if conditions allow. Which is why most people come up to Washington.

Welcome to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!