Howdy all - I'm new here!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
brenthogenson
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Howdy all - I'm new here!

Post by brenthogenson »

Howdy,

here is my introduction post I guess.

I started diving in Kauai in 1991 and became a divemaster and worked on a dive boat. I have traveled the world with bands playing drums and diving wherever possible - Kwajalein, Okinawa, Roi Namur, Red Sea, Guam and more. Highlights were diving in Kwajalein on the various wrecks there. I have only dove with Scuba Pro gear for what it's worth because my instructor and the dive boat I worked on used Scuba Pro exclusively.

Thanks, and check out my band I play drums in which is an 80's Arena Hair/Rock tribute. For those local, I'm playing with them at the Swiss in Tacoma on March 17th with hairstorm and at the Swiss again on the 18th with another band called Dance Factory - 70-90's disco/dance/top40 :partydance:
http://www.hairstormrocks.com :norris: :supz:

peace,
Brent
Check out my 80's Hair/Arena Rock show band - Hairstorm!
www.hairstormrocks.com
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Howdy all - I'm new here!

Post by Gdog »

Hey, good to have you here. I get to the swiss occasionally, will have to check it out! Who did you DM for in Kauai? My son did his OW there years ago, kinda of a good memory for me.
brenthogenson
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by brenthogenson »

Gdog wrote:Hey, good to have you here. I get to the swiss occasionally, will have to check it out! Who did you DM for in Kauai? My son did his OW there years ago, kinda of a good memory for me.
Marc Singer with Island Divers. I was playing at the Sheraton Kauai and he came into the club one night. We chatted and found out he was a studio drummer that moved from LA. His wife was one of Robert Palmer's models in the weird Addicted To Love music video. Anyways, he sat in and we hit it off. He certified me and I ended up working for him. Totally a blast for me. I was in my early 20's, playing in a band, living at the Sheraton Kauai, working for a dive company - fond memories. I helped certify Steve and Dave Sax who were pro baseball playing brothers. I think at the time one was a Dodger, and I'm not sure of the other.

good times!

ciao'
b
Check out my 80's Hair/Arena Rock show band - Hairstorm!
www.hairstormrocks.com
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

That is awesome! Its cool that you were able to do all that when you could. I remember salivating over those girls in the Robert Palmer video. Ive done a little diving long ago with Seasport divers