Hola All!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
kwest
Getting To Know Folks

Hola All!

Post by kwest »

Hello. My name is Keith. Haven't dove in about 6-7 years and I'm getting the itch to get wet and cold again! I am looking for a buddy or to join up with a group to go through the ropes again. I was certified to Dive Master (with Sandra H.) and worked as a houseboat diver for a few years on Lake Union. I am pretty familiar with most of the dive sites around Seattle. Looking forward to meeting some new folks and taking some pictures. Thanks!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Hola All!

Post by YellowEye »

Hi Keith!
Welcome!

Which city are you located in?

As for, "re-aquianting" the ropes, you may want to consider first going on a quick checkout dive with a divemaster who may be more accustomed to what to expect out of rusty divers and to help you inspect your gear. Just a consideration, it could be a big ask otherwise to buddy up with a new buddy who isn't a divemaster (most of us here aren't).

If you like photography, a bunch of photographers head out nearly every Thursday at Redondo. Its a total photography geek out. Hope to see you there sometime after a checkout!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! And welcome back to the addiction!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
kwest
Getting To Know Folks

Post by kwest »

Thanks for the replies! I actually went through the Scuba Tune-Up Guide last night. Bringing all my gear in for servicing this wknd. Does anyone have any recommendations for a dive master or shop? I know the shops, just wondering which ones people prefer these days. I am located in Kenmore. Back when I was with Bubbles Below and did some DM work with Smokey Point which I believe shut down years ago.Worked in Central Florida for a short time as well.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
I don't know a lot of dive masters these days, but the ones I do know at Silent World in Bellevue are good. I'm sure there are plenty other good DM's up north, the Mukilteo regulars may have some recommendations. It probably won't matter too much, sounds like you're going to get it back quickly!
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
kwest
Getting To Know Folks

Post by kwest »

All the gear in for service. Impatiently waiting now...
lehchaim
Getting To Know Folks

Post by lehchaim »

Hi Keith;

Ill be dive with a diving school on my own but near them for safety. Care to join me, let me know. March 25-6 by Hoodsport on Hood canal.

Ben 503 3082057
kwest
Getting To Know Folks

Post by kwest »

I'll give you a call. Thanks.