Hi - First Post

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
kerbyk
Avid Diver

Hi - First Post

Post by kerbyk »

Hey all,

I was going to write a Stranger-type ad but decided to play it straight :-)

My name is kerby, I'm a PADI instructor (MSDT) who's been non-teaching for nearly 20 years. I was the service manager for a couple dive stores and I certified a couple hundred folks down in California in the late 90s before moving to Hawaii, and then Seattle. I dove here a few times with a buddy and then got into doing Ironman triathlons and shelved diving for vacations only...I've continued to dive in warm spots, 10 dives a year. I've got about 1200 dives total. I'm tired of doing Ironman and want to get back to the hobby i love the most. My gear is in good repair, my drysuit has gotten a little tight (in the shoulders, not the middle :-) and I'm ready to get back to it. I hope I can find some folks to dive with here! I'm available most weekends and the occasional week night.

I'm hitting Les Davis on Sunday but am open for a dive on Saturday (4/29) if anyone has something planned!

Cheers!
Any pizza is a "personal pizza" if you just believe in yourself.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hi - First Post

Post by Norris »

Glad to have ya Kerby! Keep your eye on the dive planning section and there are two groups that dive weekly. You should find no shortage of people here to dive with!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Welcome back to the addiction, Kerby! Hopefully run into you sometime at a dive site. As Norris says, watch the planning thread for upcoming dives...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome Kerby, sounds like you need some gravity free flotation therapy after all those Ironmans :P

As Norris said there are two groups, one in the north end and one in the south sound, that dive weekly, in addition to lots of folks who just go here and there based on tides and their schedules.

I too will be dusting off the drysuit soon!