New to Diving - Tacoma

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Harry
Getting To Know Folks

New to Diving - Tacoma

Post by Harry »

Like the title says, I am a new diver that just completed OW certification through NAUI. I also just completed a credit card application.

I have one friend that dives, so hopefully I will be able to go with him, but I think Ill be diving a lot more than he does. I grew up swimming, was a lifeguard, I love the water but for some reason never really considered SCUBA. It just never came to mind, probably because nobody in my family or close friends were divers.

I have two little kids, 1 and 3, so I think for the time being I am mostly going to be night diving the Tacoma area after they go to bed, that way I can get in a couple of dives over 2 or 3 hours and go home and sleep.

I need a night diving buddy! I purchased a lot of gear with the aforementioned credit card, and it shoild be arriving next week sometime.

Just saying hi, thanks for reading.
tykeal
Avid Diver

Re: New to Diving - Tacoma

Post by tykeal »

Greetings Harry! Welcome to the forums. I think I may have helped you on your checkout dives ;)

Since you just finished your OW I would recommend that you get your AOW before doing night dives. Best to have the extra experience of your first one being part of a class.

As for getting yourself into more dives. I suggest you watch the dive planning forum and hop aboard when and where you can.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hey, welcome Harry! Glad to have you. As was stated, watch the dive planning thread, and join in! The south sound group dives on Thursday evenings, and the north end bunch dives on Wednesdays. Also, there will be other different opportunities thru out the week posted. Hope to see you soon!
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

Welcome to the boards! Like Gdog said look at the dive planning section. I know myself and some others will be doing Redondo on Thursday. I hope to see you around!
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle