Brand new diver in south sound

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
StrangeDoc
Avid Diver

Brand new diver in south sound

Post by StrangeDoc »

Hello,

Just got my Open water cert done last week at the Tacoma underwater sports. Just getting going into this stuff and really been enjoying it so far.

Daniel
GearHead
Submariner

Re: Brand new diver in south sound

Post by GearHead »

StrangeDoc wrote:Hello,

Just got my Open water cert done last week at the Tacoma underwater sports. Just getting going into this stuff and really been enjoying it so far.

Daniel
Welcome!
I'm also known as Aquavelvet over on Scubaboard. Good to see you found our local forum. If you're closer to the south end of the sound, there is a very active group that dives at Redondo Beach on Thursdays. Watch for the ThThTh postings. There is also the GUE group that dives on Wednesdays at Cove 2, next to Marination and the Seattle water taxi dock. However they haven't been posting here much lately.
Lots of other things going on as well. There are a couple good dive charters that leave out of Tacoma - Bandito and North West Dive Charters. Think of them as a limo service to dive sites out in the Sound.
StrangeDoc
Avid Diver

Post by StrangeDoc »

Good deal, Thursdays might be a little difficult for me, but I might be able to make a few. I am near gig harbor.
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

Welcome to the club, were glad to have you on board Daniel!!! Like gearhead said keep your eyes on the dive planning section for weekly dives. I try to post where/when I got on the weekends. Feel free to post in the find a buddy section as well, you'll be sure to find dive buddies in the area. I just got back from a fantastic dive at Keystone Jetty with some fellow NWDC'rs. Can't wait to meet you!

-JT
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle