Howdy!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Ronish
Just Settling In

Howdy!

Post by Ronish »

Thanks for approving my membership and letting me into the club. :)

I'm a new diver in Seattle proper who has always been a water baby and is loving diving. Last night was dive #8, #9 is coming up tonight. Got my OW about two weeks ago and have signed up for the Oct. Advanced as well as a trip to Roatan in November.

My regulator arrives in a week or two, just tried out the new BCD last night and I'm ready to go!

Also in the market for some good used steel tanks....
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Howdy!

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to the joy! :partydance: :burntchef: :partydance:

Glad you're here - it can be a good place to be, and even though it's not a "club" in the traditional sense of the word it can be an avenue for relationships that will be amazing and long lasting.

Unsolicited advice? Glad you asked! :tomnic: Dive, dive, keep on diving, then dive some more. Warm, cold, mud holes, and epic. Just keep on diving! Find something in the sport you love and let it become a part of your diving - charters? awesome dive trips to amazing places? scooter crack? photography? Critter ID? wrecks? pre and post dive bs and camraderie? the black depths of technical diving? and there's more....

Those things will keep you diving after your certification. Finding those things that keep you diving will be the difference between making this a life-long passion and not a one night stand.

Welcome to the board, and good luck!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hey Welcome to the board! +1 to everything Tom just said. Feel free to join in on the discussions, and ask questions. You will find this site to be a great resource. Also, note there are weekly dives posted in the dive planning thread, feel free to post and join in on these as well. I look forward to meeting you at a dive site near us soon!
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

Glad to have you!!!! As mentioned you'll find lots of great resources, advice, dive buddies, dive sites and adventures here. Feel free to shoot me a PM sometime if you wanna dive! :partydance: :supz: :taco:
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome, Ronish! Sounds like you're looking into the right gear off the bat. Let us know if we can be of any help.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and the addiction!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!