Hoods Canal plan

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
wonderpus
Getting To Know Folks

Hoods Canal plan

Post by wonderpus »

Hello, I just joined the NW Dive Club. I have recently moved back to Portland and I would love to hook up with some seasoned divers to see some Giant Pacific octo , wolf eels, and all the big anemones etc. I have a DUI drysuit, >1500 dives, and a camera that I just moved up from the Point Loma (San Diego) area. I haven't dove places in Puget Sound or BC in 10 years so I am excited to return now that I am not a newby and will remember more vividly what I see :) . I am looking to enjoy my surroundings and some photography with competent people that are comfortable in the water. I want to do a few trips hopefully to particularly Hoods Canal in the second half of September or October which I understand is to be the prime season. I am also potentially interested in boat dives with Banditos. Looking forward to meeting some local divers ~Allahna
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hoods Canal plan

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! I am frequently up for the Canal, and Banditos.

Visibility there can be a bit iffy, but other than that, it's pretty awesome year-round.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I'm not too far from Hood Canal and have a boat even. Feel free to PM if you want to make plans for some Saturday.
Richard
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
wonderpus
Getting To Know Folks

Post by wonderpus »

Hi Jack,
That sounds very good, at this time I am thinking about doing some dives on potentially this weekend or next. My cousin is having a baby shower thing this Saturday, do you ever go Sunday too or not so much? My email is kiser26@yahoo.com
wonderpus
Getting To Know Folks

Post by wonderpus »

Hi, thanks for messaging me. I am either thinking of diving a few days this coming weekend or the following weekend.