New diver intro

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
MariaT
Avid Diver

New diver intro

Post by MariaT »

Hi everyone. I am the beginner diver certified 1.5 years ago. I got back into diving this August (Redondo, EUP, Sund Rock) and think it is a great hobby for me.
My husband is my best and preferred dive buddy. However, our work schedules do not always let us to go diving together, and then the babysitting costs are insane but our kids are too little for OW certification except for the oldest one - she got certified a month ago :) I will be happy to try joining some Seattle or Eastside diving group. It looks like there are some active ones here on this forum and hope they would welcome an inexperienced diver too? Let me know please!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New diver intro

Post by ScubaJess »

Welcome to the nitrox addiction! :)

I hope we can dive soon! We have a group that goes to Redondo almost every Thursday (ththth) and another group that goes to Muck/Edmonds on Wed.

Do you have your night diving cert yet?
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
MariaT
Avid Diver

Post by MariaT »

ScubaJess wrote:Welcome to the nitrox addiction! :)

I hope we can dive soon! We have a group that goes to Redondo almost every Thursday (ththth) and another group that goes to Muck/Edmonds on Wed.

Do you have your night diving cert yet?
Thank you! Both Redondo and Edmonds are familiar sites, I have never been to Muckilteo. I don't have a night diving certification, only some unavoidable low vis diving experience ;)

Actually I called a few shops last week to see who is teaching that specialty, looks like a necessity here. Turned out that it's an "on demand" class, and my options other than waiting are either bringing my own group or paying private rates - high but on par with babysitting costs, so I am thinking...
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

It's definitely getting to the point where "afternoon" diving is night diving. :)

Welcome to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!