Hello from Florida; relocating to the PNW this year

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
David_FLOR
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello from Florida; relocating to the PNW this year

Post by David_FLOR »

In a reverse stereotype, I will retire this year after living in Florida for 30+ years and relocate to the Pacific NW [but I promise not to drive slow].

I've been a certified diver for 50 years; I am a certified YMCA/PADI Instructor but no longer actively teaching.

I will probably be living "inland" somewhere in SE Washington / NE Oregon for lots of non-diving related reasons, but I plan to dive as much as I can in the Hoods Canal / Puget Sound / BC areas. I've just ordered my first dry suit (having done some diving in Hoods Canal and Oregon lakes in the 70s in wet suits). My daughter lives in Mount Vernon, WA, so that's likely the first "base" from which I will begin venturing back into cold water diving.

Later in the year I will be looking for all kinds of advice about dive sites and equipment, and looking for dive buddies.
"....in wildness is the preservation of the world..." Thoreau
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hello from Florida; relocating to the PNW this year

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and eventually to the PNW!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to the board and the amazing cold water diving of the Salish Sea!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome! Mt Vernon will work as a great base... Keystone is a fantastic, nearby dive site. As are Deception Pass and Skyline. The San Juans will also be near!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Greetings! I hope you will enjoy it here!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: