New Diver - New Member

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
BigMac
Just Settling In

New Diver - New Member

Post by BigMac »

Hi all.

I am new to this site here--so thank you for having me. I got OW certified last summer and now have 32 dives under my belt. I also have Nitrox cert, dry suit cert, and am working on my advanced (inc. night & deep) at the moment. I'm still working on fine tuning buoyancy with this new dry suit (only 10 dives with it) and getting more and more comfortable with in.

I am also a photographer and have taken my camera UW a few time in Hawaii and got some good shots. I'm looking forward to taking it into the Sound for some more (soon I hope).

I live in Puyallup, but that doesn't limit me. I love to dive and would do it every day, all day long if I could. Having said that, I am available most weekends and would love to have a few new dive buddies to pal around with.

Cheers.
kerbyk
Avid Diver

Re: New Diver - New Member

Post by kerbyk »

Welcome!!! This is a great group, who dive together a lot, have extremely good skill sets and share your interest in photography! you'll fit right in!
Any pizza is a "personal pizza" if you just believe in yourself.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome to the club!

What sites are you looking to hit?

If you can cut Thursday nights, a bunch of divers, mostly photographs -- descend on to Redondo beach. Come on over if you can, look for the ThThTh thread in the planning section!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Greetings! Hope to dive with you soon and hear all about Hawaii! I've never been, but really want to go :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and to the addiction!

Where in Hawaii did you go?
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
BigMac
Just Settling In

Post by BigMac »

Penopolypants wrote:Welcome to the board, and to the addiction!

Where in Hawaii did you go?
Been diving on Oahu outside of Honolulu. A number of reefs and the wrecks of the YO-257 and the Sea Tiger. Fantastic dives. Going to be diving on the Big Island in May. Can't wait.