Hello from the north sound

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Hello from the north sound

Post by Sharkb8 »

After a bit of time lurking around on this site and poaching gear from the buy/sell, I figured it was time to finally join and contribute. I've also probably said hi to a few of you out at Keystone on the busier weekends. I live up in Bellingham and try to get out diving a couple weekends a month. I unfortunately... also have a season pass to Mt Baker and a couple mountain bikes so getting in the water more often can be challenging sometimes! Keystone is definitely my go-to site, although this year Skyline will also hopefully be a regular spot. I got certified at home four years ago for my honeymoon in Belize, and enjoyed the cold water so much I bought a drysuit and didn't stop after we got back. I'm closing in on 200 dives and have been able to to visit Belize, Bonaire and Key Largo, along with a couple amazing trips out to Hornby Island. I also got a trip out to Neah Bay last summer with Capt. Phil on the Lu Jack which was pretty incredible. Chances of me making it south for the ThThTh dives are probably slim, but I look forward to officially meeting and possibly diving with you guys in the future.

Ross J

ImageIMG_6420 by Ross Jorgensen, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6098 by Ross Jorgensen, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5823 (1) by Ross Jorgensen, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6513 by Ross Jorgensen, on Flickr
Party underwater
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Hello from the north sound

Post by theonly_JT »

Welcome aboard Ross!!! We’re glad to have you! Feel free to hop in on any discussions and keep your eyes on the dive planning section and I’m sure you’ll find some of us up north.

There’s also a group that meets on Wednesday’s at Mukilteo (still pretty far for you).

Cheers!
-JT
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! Welcome!

Scubajess and I and several others on here often make the trek to Keystone. So maybe see you there? We may in fact be there this weekend!

I still haven't skied at mt baker, is it pretty good these days?

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Welcome to the "Northern" gang :)
Hopefully will see you at Keystone one of these days.
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

:eric: :partydance: :partyman: :taco: :burntchef: :popcorn: :pirate:
Last edited by ScubaJess on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I agree! Welcome!
Happy Thursday!
Hope to see you at Keystone and Pickles Deli soon :joshsmith: :eric: :partydance: :taco: :partydance:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! And what lovely shots! Love the seahorse.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Thanks for the welcome guys! I was at Keystone on MLK weekend when a bunch of you guys were there. I think my friend John from Gone Diving (with the giant beard) might have been talking with a few of you. I recall someone having a flooded drysuit! Yelloweye, Mt Baker is having a pretty good season so far, although I missed January with a strained hamstring. Luckily the snow base is over 200" up top so I should be able to make up for lost time in the next couple months. Enjoy Keystone this weekend if you guys make it out there. The weather isn't looking great at the moment! I am actually down in the greater Seattle area for work pretty regularly, so I have a pretty good chance of making the occasional earlier afterwork dive on the way home (Anywhere from Cove 2 north). I was even able to sneak off the clock early this week and made it out to 3 Tree for the first time for an afternoon dive with a friend who had the day off. There was a lot of cool macro stuff going on there (no lumpies for us though) and I really want to get back for more exploring when the vis is better.
Party underwater
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Yes, I talking to John G and I was the one with a flooded suit! :eek:
You're right this weekend is a bit dicey on keystone weather -- so likely another time, maybe next weekend!
Thanks for the info on Baker!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I was just thinking that had to be YellowEye with the flooded suit. One of these days he will stay dry in his dry suit. Hope the wind will get it's act together and only freak out on the bad tide days :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!