New to site

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
MikePDX1962
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New to site

Post by MikePDX1962 »

Hello , I’m Mike from the Portland Oregon area. I wanted to introduce myself and give a bit of background on myself. I have been diving quite a bit at on the Oregon coast; Waldport, Netarts, Garabaldi OR for Dungeness crab and scallops. I have dove at Hoodsport as well. I received my open and advance water certification in warm waters of Los Cabos Mexico. I also have my Nitrox cert but haven’t dove with mixed gas as of yet. I would like to find local dive buddies to explore more in the Northwest waters. I have all my gear; I dive with a drysuit, full face mask, steel HP tanks. I have become some what of a gear junkie as i’m sure a lot of others have as well. I’m available most weekends and my work schedule allows me to take week days off if planned ahead for diving. Drop me a note if your looking to have another buddy join you getting wet.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New to site

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! We're having a club dive and barbecue this weekend if you're free. You're welcome to join us!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27058
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome, Mike! As Penopolypants says there is a Club Dive this weekend, and it would be a great chance to learn the faces first and the handles next ;)
MikePDX1962
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by MikePDX1962 »

Thank for the warm welcome, new to the site and forums sorry if I share to much in intro...
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

MikePDX1962 wrote:Thank for the warm welcome, new to the site and forums sorry if I share to much in intro...
It's good to know more rather than less!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
tykeal
Avid Diver

Post by tykeal »

Greetings MikePDX1962 and welcome!

I'm a recent migrant to Vancouver, WA myself. I've done all my diving in Puget Sound (I used to live in Tacoma) so maybe we can hookup for some dives? I'm looking for peeps to dive with that may know the diving PDX area!