Hello, NW Dive Club!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
ericschott
Getting To Know Folks

Hello, NW Dive Club!

Post by ericschott »

Hola!

This is my first post! I have been diving for only a few months but have fallen head over heels for the sport already :) I Got my open water cert. from Silent World in Bellevue so that I could go diving at Cozumel and also in the Cenotes of Mexico in November and it was amazing... I have since gotten certified with computer nitrox and drysuit. I have all my own gear and plan to continue education, I have UW navigation and Advanced Adventure courses coming up in June. I am looking to rack up 25 dives in order to get my Advanced Open Water cert. and am looking for a group of men/women to dive with, hence my joining of this forum. Can't wait to meet you and learn all I can from this pool of wisdom and continue the journey! I currently live in Woodinville and plan on diving around Puget Sound/Seattle area mainly. Looking for dive buddies and cool events to go to!

Thanks,

Eric
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hello, NW Dive Club!

Post by ScubaJess »

Welcome to the club! I hope to see you around a dive site soon, viz is really bad right now so not diving as much on the weekends. Hopefully it will get better soon.
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Howdy Eric and welcome to NWDC! Hoping to meet you at one of the weekly dives in the near future.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Woohoo! Welcome!

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hey Eric! You've come to the right place! Glad to have you. Join in on the discussions, ask questions, and watch the dive planning thread so you can join in on the dives. Welcome!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and to the addiction!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
ericschott
Getting To Know Folks

Post by ericschott »

ScubaJess wrote:Welcome to the club! I hope to see you around a dive site soon, viz is really bad right now so not diving as much on the weekends. Hopefully it will get better soon.
Thanks Jess! I know, viz has been crap... Hope to meet you soon! You seem to be very active on this forum :)
ericschott
Getting To Know Folks

Post by ericschott »

Penopolypants wrote:Welcome to the board, and to the addiction!

Thanks! It seriously is an addiction... I can't get enough. Just need dive buddies! None of my friends dive and my girlfriend isn't a big fan of cold water diving... :( haha.
ericschott
Getting To Know Folks

Post by ericschott »

Tangfish wrote:Howdy Eric and welcome to NWDC! Hoping to meet you at one of the weekly dives in the near future.
Thanks, Tang! Can't wait to meet up, I've been itching to get out and meet people. Just looking forward to the next event :)
ericschott
Getting To Know Folks

Post by ericschott »

Gdog wrote:Hey Eric! You've come to the right place! Glad to have you. Join in on the discussions, ask questions, and watch the dive planning thread so you can join in on the dives. Welcome!
Thanks, Gdog! I will keep a close eye on the dive planning thread for sure!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi Eric
So what's on your interest list of local dives?

We have a pretty good information on many dives sites on this site. Emerald diving also has other excellent dive site info if you haven't seen it: http://emeralddiving.com/local_sites.html

If you can get a hold of a copy of _Northwest Shore Dives_ (I think still out of print?) it has excellent info on learning about tidal corrections, etc.

Have fun!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
rentalcoot
Just Settling In

Post by rentalcoot »

I'll dive with you
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to the joy!

And the best advice that could be given is Dive, Dive, Dive, and dive some more!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Welcome
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen