Looking for dive buddy

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
rentalcoot
Just Settling In

Looking for dive buddy

Post by rentalcoot »

Lost my dive buddy moving down to portland. He is up in Seattle. Looking for a dive partner to dive at least once a month. Ps anyone want to dive crater lake?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
60south
Pelagic

Re: Looking for dive buddy

Post by 60south »

Hi rentalcoot! Welcome to the board.

Maybe try to join some the gang here in Hood Canal, that might be the best/easiest diving from Portland.

Can you still dive Crater Lake? I thought they closed it for diving. If you can, I'll go with you.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

at 1.1 miles, thats a heck of a hump with gear. Makes Deception pass look easy
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Jeff Pack wrote:at 1.1 miles, thats a heck of a hump with gear. Makes Deception pass look easy
1.1 miles... almost vertical! Anybody got a helicopter I can borrow?
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Dive Sherpas
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
sparklehorse
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by sparklehorse »

The Oregon Scuba Club is doing a club dive at Clear Lake, Oregon, in September. The water is cold there year-round, like 40˚, but the viz is simply stunning. It may even be clearer than Crater Lake. And there is no arduous hike involved. The club meets monthly in SW Portland at a Roundtable Pizza. Nice group of folks. You don't have to be a member to attend a meeting. I'm in Portland and might be interested in hooking up for a dive or two somewhere this summer. I'm mostly interested in getting in some practice with my new UW camera system, which for a buddy isn't everyone's cup of tea though. PM me if you're interested.
Gordon
lehchaim
Getting To Know Folks

Post by lehchaim »

I also live in Portland and am looking for a dive buddy. South Puget sound and hood canal is convenient when driving from Portland. PM me and maybe we can work out a buddy dive. Ben
rentalcoot
Just Settling In

Post by rentalcoot »

If anyone wants to dive sometime just message me
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

sparklehorse wrote:The Oregon Scuba Club is doing a club dive at Clear Lake, Oregon, in September.
22 & 23 September 2018.

Cool! That one's on my bucket list. I have put it on my calendar, in the [as-yet-unknown] event that I can attend. I notice that the reservations are already full for the lodge area, and the nearby camping is first-come, first-served.
sparklehorse
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by sparklehorse »

60south wrote:
sparklehorse wrote:The Oregon Scuba Club is doing a club dive at Clear Lake, Oregon, in September.
22 & 23 September 2018.

Cool! That one's on my bucket list. I have put it on my calendar, in the [as-yet-unknown] event that I can attend. I notice that the reservations are already full for the lodge area, and the nearby camping is first-come, first-served.
Yeah, your best bet is probably one of the campgrounds a short drive away, like Lost Lake. If you get there early Friday you'd have a decent chance at finding a camp site. Thursday even better. Scope all your options out in that area ahead of time in case your first pick is full.