Looking For A Snorkel/Free Diving Dive Buddy

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Charles1910
Just Settling In

Looking For A Snorkel/Free Diving Dive Buddy

Post by Charles1910 »

Alki picture 2.jpg
I am a senior snorkel diver looking for a dive buddy. Diving hangouts are Edmonds Underwater Park, Alki Beach, Discovery Park Lighthouse. I'm interested in River Snorkeling too. I am not at an advanced level. Interested?
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking For A Snorkel/Free Diving Dive Buddy

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
I don't think we have too many people on here who do just snorkelling. I know of some in BC and one person on Orcas Island who do. I can connect you if it would help.

I'd go snorkelling with Salmon, come salmon season here.

have fun!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

There is a local freediving group that has a mailing list on Yahoo Groups by the name of Bottomsounders. They have some fairly active members that free dive from time to time.

Mike
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

I've only snorkeled in Hawaii, but when I sold off my cold-water gear I did keep mask/snorkel/fins/weights. My plan is to try snorkeling here locally, using my kayak fishing drysuit. I can't take the weight of tanks and such anymore, but i still want to have my play time...

I've seen some fascinating Youtubes of river snorkeling :) And snorkeling for flounder would be fun, I bet.

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I read this as "A snorkel free dive buddy", i.e. a dive buddy that does not use a snorkel.

My bad. Carry on.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman