Back in PNW, looking for dive buddies

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
kylenewton
Getting To Know Folks

Back in PNW, looking for dive buddies

Post by kylenewton »

Hey everyone,

I originally got my DM training in Bellevue many years ago, then moved to CA and FL and I'm back in the area. I have lots of cold water/drysuit diving experience but it has been a while with all the warm water dives the last few years. I would love to get connected with folks in the Seattle area and get in a few easy dives to get my drysuit skills back on track.

Back in the day we always did Alki, Edmonds, and Whidbey so it would be good to explore these old haunts and expand into new areas. My schedule is flexible so weekdays are a good option too.

Cheers,

Kyle
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Back in PNW, looking for dive buddies

Post by Scubak »

Welcome Kyle!!!
Where are you located?
There is a club dive today and there are groups that meet on a weekly basis.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hi Kyle, welcome! As Kirsten said, watch the dive planning thread for upcoming dives, and join in on those, and the conversations on this board. The south sound group dives every Thursday evening, at redondo. The north sound folks dive Mukilteo on Wednesday evenings.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome! Great to have you back

Several of us on the board go to Keystone from time-to-time...! If you limit yourself to weekends at reasonable hours, the following days are the best dates to go to Keystone between now and Dec (low tide slack)
9/22-9/23
10/20-10/21
(be sure to check the wind)

Post a reminder in the dive planning section here and I'm sure you'll get takers. Neither of these are super great for currents, but ok if you play it safe. We have better options in the spring or weekdays.

In the meantime there are other sites and times. Check out ThThTh if you like night dives.
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
kylenewton
Getting To Know Folks

Post by kylenewton »

thanks for the response you guys. I am in Bellevue right now so I can travel a bit north or south or to Seattle pretty easily. I will keep an eye on the dive planning threads and hopefully get out into the water soon!

Kyle
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Bassman and I are hitting Three Tree North at about 4:30 PM. You are welcome to join us!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Welcome to the club! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
ben31565
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by ben31565 »

I come to the Seattle area about once a month or so and want to find a someone to dive with that’s familiar with diving in the area. Clubs, groups, etc..
any info is appreciated.