Imagine I'm walking around going "HI! I'm new!"

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Stayingfrosty88
Getting To Know Folks

Imagine I'm walking around going "HI! I'm new!"

Post by Stayingfrosty88 »

Being as I am a recent transplant to the PNW I thought it would be appropriate to stop by and say hello.

I just moved to Whidbey island and am looking forward to adding a few more bubbles to the sound. To be honest, I have not done any diving in the area and am interested in diving with people who are familiar with the currents and nuances of the sites. I am moderately familiar with colder water (not necessarily to the extent here, dove quite a lot in California year round) and am a fairly experienced diver with aspirations to expand my knowledge base in to the more advanced and technical aspects. If I am not out of town I am usually chomping at the bit (or mouth piece) to go diving. So shoot me a PM or hit me up.

Cheers,

-Forrest
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Imagine I'm walking around going "HI! I'm new!"

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and to the PNW! Whidbey is lovely, and you're so close to Keystone and Deception Pass. Lucky you!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Imagine I'm walking around going "HI! I'm new!"

Post by ScubaJess »

Hello Forrest,
Happy Friday!
Welcome to NWDC, you are so lucky to live on Whidbey Island! :luv: :luv: :luv: !! I hope we can see you at Keystone one day. The Wednesday night guys (bubbles & Suds) usually meet Wed or Thursday nights at Mukiltio, so maybe you can take the ferry over a few times for that? Also the Anacortes Dive shop always plans dives at Keystone so you might want to check with them, also if you don't see anything on here.

The tides are a bit tricky for the rest of the year up that way but will let you know if I'm headed up :)

Also on a side note if you get hungry! 2 of my favorite spots!
1) Pickle's Deli in Clinton right near Ferry stop has the best food!!! :luv: :partyman: :burntchef:
2) Greenbank Farms, Whidbey Pies, (I call it the Pie Farm) is delicious and a great option for Sundays when Pickle's is closed.

Happy Diving!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: