Page 1 of 1

Ready To Dive PNW

Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:48 pm
by USNRas
Hello all,

I'm a fairly experienced diver, mostly tropical with a few cold water dives. This is my second time living in WA, but didn't dive before.

I'm in Poulsbo, but willing to travel a bit for some dives. Currently I own a 7/8 mil wetsuit but looking to get into a dry suit before winter.

I love night dives!

210(ish) total dives

Basic - PADI 2003 & 2010 Guam & Cuba
Advanced - PADI 2010 Cuba
NITROX - PADI 2018 Guam
SOLO - SDI 2018 Guam

Looking forward to getting in the water here and finding some dive buddies.

Ras

Re: Ready To Dive PNW

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:31 am
by Gdog
Ras, welcome to the board! Lots of good information here, feel free to join in the conversations. Also, join in on the group dives, or find a buddy. On top of that, we will be having a club dive soon, so stay tuned for that as well. Jump right in!

Re: Ready To Dive PNW

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:32 pm
by YellowEye
Welcome to the club!

Your profile says you do photography for the navy. Do you do underwater photography?

Hope to see you at a site soon!

Re: Ready To Dive PNW

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:52 pm
by Scubak
HI!
Welcome to the board!
You are just a hop and a skip to some awesome dive sites!
What is your schedule like? There is a large diving community in the Seattle/Puget Sound area with lots of diving.
Hope to meet you soon!
Kirsten

Re: Ready To Dive PNW

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:01 pm
by USNRas
YellowEye wrote:Welcome to the club!

Your profile says you do photography for the navy. Do you do underwater photography?

Hope to see you at a site soon!


I have dabbled a bit in the past with dive photography with work equipment, but I have never gotten gear of my own beyond a GoPro.

This Should go to some of the things I did in Guam last year.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152831953@N08/albums

Re: Ready To Dive PNW

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:08 pm
by USNRas
Scubak wrote:HI!
Welcome to the board!
You are just a hop and a skip to some awesome dive sites!
What is your schedule like? There is a large diving community in the Seattle/Puget Sound area with lots of diving.
Hope to meet you soon!
Kirsten


Most weekdays I can be off by 2 or 3 in the afternoon and mid-day most Fridays. Most weekend days are off.

Re: Ready To Dive PNW

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:57 am
by Penopolypants
Welcome to the board, and welcome back to the PNW! Not sure what size you are, but there are some dry suits for sale in the classifieds section.

Happy diving!

Re: Ready To Dive PNW

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:00 pm
by USNRas
Penopolypants wrote:Welcome to the board, and welcome back to the PNW! Not sure what size you are, but there are some dry suits for sale in the classifieds section.

Happy diving!


Thanks for the heads-up. I think I may have stumbled on a suit that will work if it hasn't sold yet!

Just in case anyone has something they might part with, I am:
5' 11"
185 Lbs
34" Waist
34" Inseam
10.5-11 shoe
Plus a small, built-in ballast tank forming in the middle. :uh:

Re: Ready To Dive PNW

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:53 am
by Penopolypants
USNRas wrote:Plus a small, built-in ballast tank forming in the middle. :uh:


Ahahaha!

I resemble that remark.