New in town. Looking to dive...a lot.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
malligator
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New in town. Looking to dive...a lot.

Post by malligator »

Good morning, folks.

I'm (relatively) new to Seattle (since early '18) and have decided to hang up my climbing gear and break out the diving gear now that I live near water again.

I got my PADI OW card in Guam in 1991 and have been a vacation diver ever since. I have dived/dove/diven in Guam, Fiji, Florida, California, Mexico, Indonesia, and Washington. Except for a few trips to Cozumel for the specific purpose of diving I have been an opportunist. Anytime I'm near diving I rent some gear and go for it.

Last spring, however, my friend invited me on a trip to a liveaboard in Indonesia. It was an amazing experience and totally hooked me. As soon as I got home I started putting together my own set of gear and getting some more training. I got Nitrox certified prior to Indonesia and then got SDI Rescue Diver in September. I am taking GUE Fundamentals in February.

I have been diving for almost 30 years and probably have 200-300 dives under my belt, but I'm starting over with this second phase of my diving life so I'm officially proclaiming 40 as my current dive count.

I'm looking to do a lot more diving. I'm hoping joining this site will help me do that.

Edit: I forgot to mention DAN First Aid/CPR/Emergency O2 certification in August.
Last edited by malligator on Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New in town. Looking to dive...a lot.

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and to the PNW! We have weekly dives around the sound - keep your eye on the dive planning forum to what's up and where. Feel free to post there yourself as well!

Do you have a drysuit? It sure makes local diving a lot better.

Happy diving!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!