Portland diver looking for a buddy!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
scubabrit
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Portland diver looking for a buddy!

Post by scubabrit »

Hello fellow divers!

I am a newer diver on the PNW scene looking to get in as many dives/experience as possible. The end goal being OW Instructor!

I am taking my Rescue Diver class in March and from there, logging as many dives and getting as much experience as possible to start my Divemaster training before the end of the year. I am currently certified down to 130ft. and am Nitrox certified. I am also an Emergency Responder.

I am currently rocking a 7mm and mayyyy consider a drysuit if I find some people who are looking to dive regularly enough.

I am in the Portland area, but love diving in the Puget Sound. I'm looking to get as many dives in as I can and meeting new people along the way! Am open to diving with anyone, but if there are any other female divers out there, that would be a plus!

-Brittany
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Re: Portland diver looking for a buddy!

Post by FlyinV »

Hey Brittany!
Would that happen to be the Rescue class over at Thunder Reef or another shop in the PDX/Vancouver area?
We have a number of female divers over at TRD who would love to meet up with you and go diving!

I have one former female student who works weekends so if your open to weekday dives -- Send me a message and I will put you 2 ladies in contact.

Jeff
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
Zwickm
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Zwickm »

Hi Brittany,
I'm living in Portland and looking for local dive buddies too! I've got all my own gear, also with the exception of a dry suite but have found that many places in Oregon are fine without, especially in the summer months. Would be great to get fellow divers together for a day trip one of these nicer weekends coming up.

Mike Zwick
yusuf
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by yusuf »

Hi all,

My name is Yusuf and I live in Portland as well. I am new to this site and looking for others who want to explore local dive sites. I have my own gear and always down to dive. Let me know if there is anything interesting comes up.
thechadmiller
Frequent Bubbler

Post by thechadmiller »

I’m also a Portland diver with all my gear and reasonably flexible schedule if anybody wants to dive.