Brand new to diving, new to board

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Scubabliss
Getting To Know Folks

Brand new to diving, new to board

Post by Scubabliss »

Hello from Skagit/Whatcom counties- I live in one, work in the other.

I just got my OW certification (SDI) last month here in the Pacific NW and then met my lifelong best friend (who moved to Pittsburgh years ago and stayed...) in Belize for vacation. She completed her OW referral there and we had the best time diving off Ambergris Caye. I am going to learn the ways of the dry suit this week and cannot WAIT to get back in the water! I am excited to have this board as a resource and very much look forward to becoming involved and making some new friends.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Brand new to diving, new to board

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome! Maybe see you at Keystone! It's one of the better dives in your parts!
A bunch of us from the Seattle area like to go there often when the tides allow.
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Welcome to the board! We are glad you found us. Feel free to join in on the discussions, ask questions, make yourself at home!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Welcome to the club! I hope we can see you at Keystone soon :)
Happy Diving!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

Welcome to the local diving community! Let's us know when your classes are done and you can join some dives. If have any equipment questions let us know. There is a bit of specialized gear for cold water diving in comfort and everyone take a while to get dialed in.

See you in the water!
Dave
Dave
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and to the addiction!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Welcome! I live in Whatcom and work (and grew up) in Skagit. I also got certified to go diving in Belize, and haven't stopped since. Keystone and Rosario are great dives even for beginners when planned right, and driving down to Mulkiteo, Edmonds, and Seattle also isn't too bad. I'm going to guess that you either are doing your drysuit course through Anacortes Diving or Gone Diving in Bellingham. You will be in good hands either way. See you out there sometime.
Party underwater
Scubabliss
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Scubabliss »

Thank you, all, for the kind welcome! I did finish my drysuit course this week (yes with Anacortes Diving, love them!) and am so in love with this sport. I'm not addicted! (Just obsessed...haha)
SCUBARM79
Avid Diver

Post by SCUBARM79 »

I am late to the party, but welcome.