Critter creeper

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
eh.haole
Avid Diver

Critter creeper

Post by eh.haole »

Hello, I dive here, I like to mingle with and/or creep out the local wildlife.

Does anyone happen to know who the twin-tank and rebreather divers were are Keystone last Sunday, and where they went? I am curious what other cool stuff is out there that warranted the extra range.

I did the standard jetty dive on my JJ-CCR. Rebreathers aren't only for depth! I average only about $9/hour in consumables for my non-tech dives. The quiet operation and less startling of sea life is nice. A few clips here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoxQOqRUSe8

Also can someone add me onto the Tech & Rebreather forums? It says that I don't have access to read them.

Thanks
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Critter creeper

Post by YellowEye »

Hi!

I'm not sure who was at Keystone that day, but there's a nwrebreatherdivers group on facebook where you could ask if you were super curious to stalk them.

I used to dive rebreathers exclusively over for 10 years. I'd have plenty of 3 hour long dives at Keystone, going no deeper than the end of the jetty, so it could be as simple as that. There is a deeper mid section in the middle of the line between the pilings and jetty that sometimes has wolfeels. There are also rarely some bottles scattered out deeper that fell off the dock. I never found the effort to go out there worth it. The end of the jetty and the pilings are where it's at!

Maybe see you there some time. We go there pretty often!
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
eh.haole
Avid Diver

Post by eh.haole »

Thanks @YellowEye Eric. I was curious about what else might be worth visiting beyond the jetty, but with low visibility I have only ventured as far as 23 metres / 75 feet depth. It was all pebble field, but a few things live out there.

See you on the next neap tides, perchance :pirate:
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

https://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.p ... ne#p285839

I remembered the H20 Doc posted this a few years ago after a scooter mission out deeper. Sounds like you had similar findings.
Party underwater
eh.haole
Avid Diver

Post by eh.haole »

Wow, yeah cool vids!

I was curious enough to find the 2005 bathymetry data and plot that out for Keystone. There is apparently terrain out there, but perhaps not anything like prominent features that are easy to visit.
Attachments
Keystone.png