New to Site!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
OldManDiving
Just Settling In

New to Site!

Post by OldManDiving »

Hello All,

I'm new to this site. I'm getting back into diving. I have all my equipment (tanks being inspected as I write) but sadly I will need to replace several items due to age. I started diving back in 1993 and actually did some light diving for work. I dove until 1999 but found it difficult to find dive buddies then got busy with life. I'm now looking to get back into it again, looking at new dry suits and a couple other items then will be set. I have done all sorts of dives from boat, night, river, lake, pond etc. (years ago). I'm looking to get back into the diving scene and hoping to find a good group of people to join or join me for diving fun. Realistically it will take several more weeks to get all my new gear and take a refresher but hope to be out submerged soon.

Just wanted to say hello.

Al
dsisson
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: New to Site!

Post by dsisson »

Welcome - Several shops have dive events that make it easier to get hooked up with people for diving as well.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

You also might consider one of the local dive clubs. The Marker Buoys are probably the most active.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

Welcome to the group, Al!
OldManDiving
Just Settling In

Post by OldManDiving »

Thanks for the Information. I have stopped at a couple shops over the weekend. One local (in Bellingham) and one in Lynwood. once I have all my equipment ready to go I will see about getting into one of the dive clubs. I'm hoping to get around four dives in a month. Of course It will all depend on work. should know more in a couple weeks.
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

If you're up north, I've heard good things about Anacortes Diving & Supply.
OldManDiving
Just Settling In

Post by OldManDiving »

Thanks, I may stop in there this weekend. I want to look at some gear anyway and tend to talk more than look. Not sure if I'm going to replace my old dry suit with a dry suit or get a new wet suit and wait for this winter before I get a new drysuit. After 25 years the one I have is ready for replacement.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome Back!

Anacortes diving is a great shop. A bit on the high price side but a great shop worth patronizing for great support. Member sharkb8 here is also from Bellingham, he may have more advice on local shops there.

Local sites for you I guess would be Keystone and Skyline and Rosario Beach? Or better yet the San Juans or British Columbia, but those'r closed for now. Or haha, dedicated divers like Scott W would drive from Bellingham to Redondo for a ThThTh dive! :rofl: :smt064
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Welcome to the club! Hope to see you around :)

Happy Diving!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
OldManDiving
Just Settling In

Post by OldManDiving »

I will need to tale a look at the undergarment. I tend to be on the warm site but it never hurts to have some extra under garments.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and welcome back to the addiction!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
OldManDiving
Just Settling In

Post by OldManDiving »

Thanks Penopoly! Now just needing to make the dive into purchasing new gear. Replacing my Drysuit, Mask, fin and snorkel is a must but actually looking at new BCD and dive computers. The old Sherwood Spirit DCS and gauges are still looking good but think I'm craving some new stuff.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Shearwater just came out with a new Comp thats priced at 450$
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.